Dan Guyette elected to board of International Council of Fine Arts Deans
Dan Guyette, dean of the College of Fine and Performing Arts at Western Washington University, recently was elected to the board of the International Council of Fine Arts Deans. Guyette will serve a three-year term, from 2011 to 2013. He is among six active directors on the board, two of which directors are elected each year. The board of directors plans the annual conference, sets the course for the organization, works directly with partner organizations in Washington, D.C., on advocacy and provides career development opportunities for the arts deans throughout the country.
Guyette was elected to the board at the ICFAD's annual conference in Sarasota, Fla., on Oct. 29. The full list of new ICFAD leaders:
- Raymond Tymas-Jones, dean at the University of Utah, will be leading ICFAD as the president through 2012.
- Lucinda Lavelli, dean at the University of Florida, was elected secretary.
- Daniel Guyette, dean at Western Washington University, and Susan Agre-Kippenhan, dean at Montana State University, were elected to the ICFAD Board of Directors, 2010-2013.
- Andrew Svedlow, dean at the University of Northern Colorado, was elected to the nominating committee, 2010 – 2012.
- Russ Schultz, dean at Lamar University-Beaumont, was elected to the by-laws committee, 2010 – 2012.