WWU librarian to present workshop on research organization program Zotero at noon Oct. 20
Librarian Gabe Gossett will present a workshop on Zotero Oct. 20 as part of the Woodring Technology Committee brownbag series. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Zotero is a free citation management application that runs as an add-on to Firefox.
What can Zotero do?
- Manage your citations—Zotero provides tools to organize, annotate, and export citations.
- Organize your research content—Files associated with citations can be stored in the same place.
- Keep your research—Zotero is not subscription based and stays with you if and when you leave Western.
- Collaborate!—Zotero allows you to create shared folders and synch files between computers.
How to attend:
- In person: Bring your lunch and watch a demo in Miller Hall 017 at noon, Wednesday, Oct. 20.
- Virtual: Access the session through Elluminate at: http://bit.ly/WoodringTech. After opening the link put your name into the box on the screen (no special login is necessary) and open the file that downloads onto your computer.