WWU Launches Western C.A.R.E.S. (Community, Activities, Resources, Education, Support) Program
“How do we maintain a sense of community during these difficult and virtual times?” asked Western Washington University President Sabah Randhawa this week.
As one small response to this question, Outreach and Continuing Education is launching a series of free online, interactive sessions called Western C.A.R.E.S. (Community, Activities, Resources, Education, Support) beginning Monday, March 30.
There will be a host of virtual activities and events for the Western community to connect around during these stay-at-home days. Sessions will be announced on OCE's website at https://oce.wwu.edu/westerncares.
There are four categories:
- Hobby & Instructional: arts & crafts, educational content, hobbies, etc.
- Fitness & Exercise: yoga, dance, plyometrics, physical activities, etc
- Youth Focused: family friendly, educational and highly interactive
- Story Time: live reading of children's books (30 minutes)
We've got some great initial sessions planned and look forward to filling in some more spaces. Some upcoming virtual sessions include:
- Fantasy Mapmaking/World Building
- SEA Aquarium Tour and live Q&A
- Cooking class
- Meet my pet
- Whole Body Fitness
- Poetry Hour
- Creative Writing
- Let’s Talk Books
- Baking with kids
- Face Painting 101
We hope you'll join us and connect with each other.