Western Alert system tests set for week of June 18-22
During the week of June 18-22, Western will conduct testing of the Western Alert emergency notification system. This testing will include one or more of the elements below:
• Desktop notification on installed computers throughout campus, including offices, classrooms and computer labs where a test message will be broadcast. Users need to only click on the green “Acknowledge” button to make the test message disappear.
• Voice messages over the campus interior fire alarm system (building enunciation) and outdoor speakers at three locations: the university tennis courts, the south campus oval at the Communications Facility, and at Old Main lawn.
• Sending text messages to employees who have registered in Web4u at MyWestern.
• Emailing every employee's university email address.
• Posting a Western alert message on Western's emergency communication webpage, emergency.wwu.edu.
• Posting a message on Western's Facebook page and Twitter feed.
The tests will take place daily, Monday through Friday, June 18-22, between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Please note that unlike a typical Western Alert test done once per quarter, this set of tests will occur each day for that work week. There may be multiple tests during this time frame. Each day, an email message will be sent to the campus announcing the conclusion of the testing for that day. Any activation of the Western Alert emergency notification system outside of this time frame are to be consider real and appropriate action taken.
We apologize for any inconvenience these tests may cause and appreciate your understanding when we need to perform work of this nature.