Top 10 reasons to enroll in Summer Session this year:
- Earn credit faster. Complete one or more classes in just six or nine weeks. Classes meet more frequently than during the traditional school year, offering an accelerated academic experience.
- Get into classes. Gain entry to those “always full” classes during the summer. Make progress towards graduation requirements or satisfy pre-requisites for an upcoming quarter.
- Take "summer only" offerings. Explore a field course, learn to fly-fish, or complete one year of language or chemistry in 6 or 9 weeks.
- Explore online options: anytime, anywhere. Maximize flexibility in your schedule whether you’re going home for the summer or increasing your work load.
- Smaller classes. Take advantage of a more focused environment on a challenging subject with increased student-faculty interaction.
- Study abroad. Explore the world while earning credit. Travel and study with Western faculty and students.
- Stay active. Participate in a variety of physical education courses to stay fit while earning additional credits.
- Graduate on time. Summer Session offers flexible options so you can catch up or stay on track to graduate.
- Work, Study and Play. Summer is a shorter quarter and provides flexible options so you can do it all. Enjoy summer activities in Bellingham including free concerts, Independence Day fireworks, festivals, hiking or a lazy day on the beach.
- Become a student or have a friend join you for the summer. Not currently a Western student? Not a problem! Summer Session is an open quarter, meaning those who are not formally admitted to Western can be students during this time without having to apply for a degree program or select a major. This is a great opportunity for community members to samples courses.
Questions? Check out this video about the WWU Summer Session experience!
Click the heart to favorite
Friday, April 19, 2019 - 10:49am
In the Media
The Bellingham Herald