Volunteer Income Tax Assistance will be available to the general public free of charge at two sites through April 16.
Volunteers will provide free assistance with the preparation of non-business, personal income taxes during this period, including free e-filing of tax returns. Sponsored by Western Washington University's Beta Alpha Psi and Accounting Society, the VITA program is staffed by students from Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and other members of the community.
Locations and hours for VITA assistance are:
- WWU Parks Hall 336 (starting February 6th)
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays: 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- (Free parking in WWU “C” lots ONLY after 4:30 p.m. weekdays and on weekends)
- Whatcom Community College's Heiner Library (starting Feb. 13)
- Mondays: 5 to 8 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
All VITA sites are closed Feb. 20 (Presidents' Day). The WWU VITA site will be closed March 8 to 26 (exam week and spring break), and the Whatcom Community College VITA site will be closed March 23 to April 2 (spring break).
No appointment is necessary for any of the above locations. Assistance will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
To receive tax assistance, please bring all relevant tax documentation (W-2, 1099s, etc.), copies of purchase and sale documents for all investment sales, and a copy of your 2010 (last year's) tax return.
For more information, contact Beta Alpha Psi's Bryan Rohde at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 830-2742.