Students added to Office 365 environment with faculty, staff
Western Washington University students can now be part of the same Office 365 environment as faculty and staff.
Students may transition from their @students.wwu.edu mailboxes to their new firstname.lastname@example.org mailboxes, at their convenience, before June or July of this year. Later this spring, those students who have not yet transitioned will have their new accounts automatically enabled.
This change will allow students to enjoy the following benefits:
- Save files directly to their Office 365 OneDrive from computer labs
- More easily share files and calendars with other students, faculty or staff
- Create Office 365 groups for class projects
- Get more Office 365 apps
- Instant message and video chat with Skype for Business (coming soon)
- Use Western's Yammer social networking site
A number of resources are available on the ATUS Help Desk website to assist students in the process. These include:
- Office 365 for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Office 365 for Students – What will change in Spring 2016
- Office 365 for Student Employees and Supervisors – What will change in Spring 2016
- Connect to Your New @wwu.edu Account
- Office 365 FAQ
Additional pages offer helpful Office 365 training links. Supervisors may request that an Office 365 expert from the Help Desk meet with them and/or their student employees by contacting the Help Desk at 360-650-3333 or email@example.com.