Seminar and fair May 20 to help those close to retirement
Western Washington University will host an informational, pre-retirement seminar and fair from noon to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 20 in the Viking Union Multipurpose room.
The seminar will focus on employees currently participating in Western’s retirement plans who are within five to seven years of retirement age.
Presentations will cover various topics involved with the retirement process, and the presentation schedule is as follows:
- Noon – 12:15 p.m. – WWU Retirement Association: Ron Ward
- 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. – Health Care Authority: Larry Cade
- 1:20 – 1:40 p.m. – Fidelity Investments: Jessica Liu
- 1:45 – 2:15 p.m. – VEBA: Kathleen Lordan-Morris
- 2:20 – 3:20 p.m. – Department of Retirement Systems/ Deferred Compensation Program: Jim Mendoza
- 3:25 – 3:55 p.m. – Social Security Administration: James Williams
Following the seminar presentations, the vendor fair will offer attendees the opportunity to ask individualized questions and voice concerns about retirement. The fair will last from 2:30-4:30 p.m. and includes the following providers:
- Health Care Authority: Larry Cade
- Social Security Administration: James Williams
- Department of Retirement Systems: Jim Mendoza
- WWU Retirement Association: Ron Ward
- Fidelity Investments: Jessica Liu
- TIAA-Cref: Andrew Martinez
- VEBA: Kathleen Lordan-Morris
To attend the event, RSVP through Survey Monkey no later than Friday, May 15 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/j5tf78s.
Questions? Contact Kathy Thompson, Western Washington University Human Resources benefits manager, at email@example.com or (360) 650-7314