Before you leave for the Thanksgiving holiday, remember to power down.
Faculty, staff and students can help Western Washington University reduce its standing electricity load by:
- turning off computers, monitors and printers
- unplugging chargers and small appliances (but not the refrigerator)
- leaving the thermostat at its normal setting
- closing all windows and shades
- turning off lights and shutting windows in unoccupied rooms
And a few other things to remember:
- Water your plants
- Remind your colleagues and/or fellow students to power down before leaving
- Enjoy the break!
Small actions make a difference.