Registration open for spring employee language classes
Registration is now open for the WWU Employee Language Program workshops for spring quarter.
The workshops are an initiative put forth by the President's Office to support Western faculty and staff through professional development and to encourage multicultural outreach and awareness. They're the result of a combined effort by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Extended Education. There are no registration fees for these workshops.
Workshops this quarter include Spanish, Chinese and French. Classes begin the second week of the quarter, starting on April 6. A listing of offerings and times is available below:
- Spanish: Level 1 - Basic Conversation I [M/W 9-9:50 AM, 4/6-5/27]
- Spanish: Level 1 - Basic Conversation I [T/R: 12-12:50 PM, 4/7-5/28]
- Spanish: Level 2 - Basic Conversation II [T/R: 9-9:50 PM, 4/7-5/28]
- Spanish: Level 3 - Written & Oral Comm. [T/R: 3-3:50 PM, 4/7-5/28]
- Spanish: Club de lectura "Reading Club" [W: 12-12:50 PM, 4/8-5/27]
- Spanish: Culture & Conversation [F: 12-12:50 PM, 4/10-5/29]
- Spanish: Pronunciation and Conversation [M: 12-12:50 PM, 4/6-5/18]
- Spanish: Spanish for Outreach for STEM-Related Fields [W: 9-9:50 AM, 4/15-5/27]
- French: Basic Language & Culture [T/R: 4-4:50 PM, 4/7-6/4]
- Chinese: Basic Language & Culture [T/R: 1-1:50 PM, 4/7-6/4]
Be sure to communicate with your supervisor prior to registering for a workshop; if you have additional questions, a FAQ page is available on the program website. For more information about the program, please visit the program web page.