Registration is now open for the WWU Employee Language Program workshops for winter quarter. For more information on the program, please visit the program's web page.
The WWU Employee Language Program workshops are an initiative put forth by the President's Office to support Western faculty and staff through professional development and to encourage multicultural outreach and awareness. The workshops are the result of a combined effort by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Department of Modern and Classical Languages, and Extended Education.
Workshops this quarter include Spanish, Chinese and French. For workshop-level descriptions and recommended preparation, visit the descriptions on the program curriculum page.
To begin the registration process, click here. On the registration screen, please ignore the "To complete your registration you must pay by MasterCard or Visa at the end of this transaction" text. There is no participant fee for this program.
Workshops will begin the second week of the quarter, starting on January 12th. A listing of offerings and times is available below:
- Spanish: Level 1 - Basic Conversation I [M/W 4-4:50 PM, 1/12-3/4]
- Spanish: Level 1 - Basic Conversation I [T/R: 12-12:50 PM, 1/13-3/5]
- Spanish: Level 2 - Basic Conversation II [M/W: 9-9:50 AM, 1/12-3/4]
- Spanish: Level 2 - Basic Conversation II [T/R: 4-4:50 PM, 1/13-3/5]
- Spanish: Level 3 - Written & Oral Comm. [T/R: 3-3:50 PM, 1/13-3/5]
- Spanish: Club de lectura "Reading Club" [W: 12-12:50 PM, 1/14-3/4]
- Spanish: Culture & Conversation [F: 12-12:50 PM, 1/16-3/6]
- Spanish: Pronunciation & Conversation [M: 12-12:50 PM, 1/12-3/2]
- French: Language & Culture [T/R: 4-4:50 PM, 1/13-3/12]
- Chinese: Language & Culture [M/W: 2-2:50 PM, 1/12-3/11]
Be sure to communicate with your supervisor prior to registering for a workshop; if you have additional questions, a FAQ page is available on the program website.
For more information about the program, please visit the program web page.