Power Down for Winter Break
Power Down is a collaborative effort of WWU Facilities Management and the Office of Sustainability, to coordinate, encourage and implement utility reduction efforts throughout campus. We believe small actions make a difference.
Power Down for Break Checklist
- Turn off your computer and your monitor
- Shut your windows.
- Shut off power strips
- Unplug all appliances not plugged into power strips, including speakers, printers, copiers, fax machines, coffee makers, microwave and toaster ovens, water coolers, etc.
- Leave refrigerators plugged in, or defrost and clean before unplugging.
- Shut fume hood sashes (in lab buildings)
- Leave your thermostat at its normal setting. Building thermostats and radiators are monitored by the FM Energy Management Center, no localized adjustments are needed.
- Tightly turn off faucets and report any leaks or other repairs to work control: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water your plants
- Turn off your lights
- Have a safe and happy break!
What else can you do?
- Remind students and colleagues to power down before leaving campus
- Turn off lights and shut windows in unoccupied rooms
Tuesday, November 29, 2016