If your office or workstation will be vacant for even one day during the upcoming break, please take the following actions to reduce WWU energy consumption.
Power Down for Break Checklist
- Shut your windows; Shut curtains/lower blinds
- Shut down your computer , and Turn Off the monitor(s)
- Shut off power strips
- Unplug appliances including speakers, printers, copiers, fax machines, coffee makers, microwave and toaster ovens, water coolers, etc.
- Leave refrigerators plugged in, or defrost and clean before unplugging
- Shut fume hood sashes (in lab buildings)
- Turn off faucets and report any leaks
- Water your plants
- Turn off your lights
- Have a safe and happy break!
What else can you do?
- Remind students and colleagues to power down computers and turn off monitors
- Turn off lights and shut windows in unoccupied rooms
Through collaborative university-wide effort to encourage and implement utility reduction, individual actions can make a significant reduction in total power consumption.
For more information about Western’s Climate Action Plan, Sustainable Office Certification and the 10x12 program, visit the website or contact Carol Berryat email@example.com or 360-650-7979.