WWU students, staff and faculty members are committed to outstanding teaching, scholarship, leadership and community service and periodically the Western community has the opportunity to recognize some of our exceptional community members. The following annual awards are examples of the university community’s efforts to recognize and show appreciation to faculty members and others for their service and outstanding achievements. Provost Carbajal encourages nominations for these awards.
Nominations are due for the following awards by December 1, 2019:
- Peter J. Elich Excellence in Teaching Award;
- Excellence in Teaching Award;
- Paul J. Olscamp Research Award (nominations by faculty members only);
- Outstanding Scholarship Award (nominations by faculty members only);
- The Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award;
- The Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award for faculty, staff and students.
Additional information about each award, the nomination process, and the links to the on-line nomination forms may be found at https://provost.wwu.edu/faculty-awards.