Western Washington University will soon have a new degree audit system – Degree Works – which will align students and advisors to a common goal: helping students graduate on time.
Degree Works is an online advising tool which will be available to advisors beginning Fall 2017, with a target release for students later in the term.
Similar to the current Web4U online degree evaluation system, Degree Works provides students and advisors with an organized degree evaluation. It is intended to help students progress through their degree plan efficiently.
Degree Works compares a student’s academic history with the degree requirements outlined in the WWU Catalog. Students are able to track academic progress toward a degree, review the requirements they have completed and work with an advisor to plan the courses they need to complete remaining requirements. The system offers more features and capabilities over the existing Web4U degree evaluation system:
• Green, red, and blue checkboxes indicate courses that are complete, not complete, and in-progress, making it easy for students and advisors to quickly see which requirements are still outstanding.
• The audit can be saved as a PDF, making the audit easy to save and/or attach to an email.
• The Class History link allows students to view a quarter by quarter breakdown of courses.
• Academic advisors can leave notes on students’ audits, which will assist in keeping track of correspondence and important information.
• There are three GPA calculators which help students conceptualize their quarter and overall GPA.
Degree Works will eventually replace the existing Web4U online degree evaluation system (CAPP). Our campus will be using Degree Works and CAPP simultaneously for the foreseeable future. The student’s catalog year will determine if they will use Degree Works or CAPP for their audit; students who are under the 2016-2017 catalog and forward will use Degree Works.
If you have any questions regarding the Degree Works implementation, please contact Taya Winter, Assistant Registrar, at x7912.