Western Washington University students can help keep Bellingham beautiful by properly disposing of anything they don't want to bring with them when they move out.
Western and the city of Bellingham are making that easier this week by sponsoring Moveout Madness, a one-day event at which students can drop off unwanted items for free at three Bellingham locations. Student ID is required.
Students also may take items that others have left behind. Anything left over at the end of the day will be distributed to local non-profits.
- Donate: Household items, furniture, appliances, clothings, nonperishable food, Soap4Hope (personal care products)
- Recycle: Glass, plastic, aluminum, paper, cardboard, electronics (bring sorted)
- Landfill: Non-Reusable, non-recyclable items
Moveout Madness will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, June 10, at the following locations:
- York Neighborhood: Franklin Park (South end) 400 block of Whatcom Street
- Sehome Neighborhood: Laurel Park at Billy Frank Jr. & Laurel Streets
- Happy Valley Neighborhood: Gravel parking lot at 26th & Douglas