The 4th annual Inclusion in STEM mixer, Mix IT Up; the STEM Mosaic, is almost here!
Mix IT Up is sponsored by Western's College of Science and Engineering and the following university chapters and clubs:
- AWC (Association for Women in Computing)
- Chemistry Club
- Out in Science
- Nerds (Neuroscience Research Driven Students)
- Women in Physics
- Women in Geology
- SACNAS (Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science)
- AWIS (Association of Women in Science)
- WAM (Western’s Association of Mathematics)
- SWE (Society of Women Engineers)
We invite you to be part of this event on Nov. 15 to support inclusion in the STEM fields.
This inclusive and unique event is geared towards all students on the Western Campus - particularly people from underrepresented groups in all branches of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). The goal of our event is to foster inclusion in STEM on a multitude of levels and to change the stereotypical view of what a ‘Scientist’ looks like. This year the main event will be a gallery walk featuring diverse scientists, technologists, mathematicians and engineers from the past and present.
Features of the event include: STEM Trivia, Expert Panel, Raffle Prizes, Photo Booth, Free Food and Networking!
If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, contact Regina Barber DeGraaff at Regina.BarberDeGraaff@wwu.edu .