We know the COVID-19 pandemic may have changed your health care needs. In light of that, the PEBB Program is offering an opportunity to make some changes to your PEBB benefits.
From July 1 through 31, 2020 only: PEBB eligible employees are able to make certain changes to their health insurance. Changes are effective August 1, 2020. Normally, you must have a life event, like a birth or marriage, to make these changes midyear.
Who is eligible for this limited open enrollment?
PEBB employees and some PEBB Continuation Coverage subscribers can change some of their benefits this July. See below for the specific changes these groups can make in July.
What Changes can I make?
- Enroll in medical coverage if you are currently enrolled only in dental coverage.
- Add dependents to your medical coverage. To enroll a dependent, in most cases, you must also submit documents to prove your dependent's eligibility. See How do I make changes? for details.
- If you want to enroll your dependent in dental coverage, you will have to wait until the annual open enrollment in November or when a special open enrollment even occurs.
- Raise or lower your 2020 Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) or Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) election amounts, within limits. To learn more, visit Navia Benefit Solutions' website.
- Enroll in a Medical FSA or DCAP for the rest of the calendar year. To do so, you must be eligible for these benefits and cannot be enrolled in a consumer-directed health plan (CDHP) with a health savings account (HSA) for the 2020 plan year. You can incur services and submit claims starting August 1, 2020.
How Do I Make Changes?
To enroll in medical coverage or add a dependent:
- Submit the PEBB COVID-19 Enrollment/Change Form to Human Resources-Benefits. (Form available July 1.) HR.Benefits @wwu.edu or 360-650-2810.
- If you are adding a dependent, you must also submit documents to verify their eligibility with your form.
- Deadline—July 31, 2020: Your personnel, payroll, or benefits office must receive your form and documents no later than July 31, 2020.
To enroll in a Medical FSA or DCAP or make changes to your 2020 election amounts
- Submit the COVID-19 Medical FSA and DCAP Change Form to your benefits office. (Form available on Navia Benefit Solutions' website.) HR.Benefits @wwu.edu or 360-650-2810