Enrollment and Student Services and Academic Affairs are partnering to give our incoming first-year students a really unique and new Welcome to Western Student Convocation experience. For those who do not know, Student Convocation is a program for our incoming students to come together, have an official welcome to campus, interact with their peers and those of us that work at Western, and have a special beginning to their collegiate careers.
We are asking for your participation as a returning student, a staff or faculty member, or an alumni in the Community Corridor that forms outside of PAC. This is one of the most extraordinary moments of the program when the new students walk out of the PAC at the conclusion of the program to be greeted with the cheers of their Western community.
We ask that you refrain from attending the program in PAC as we need all available seating for the first year class. You are welcome to follow along via the live stream: https://wp.wwu.edu/live/
What we need:
- Your participation and your enthusiasm in the community corridor
- Please send this invite to other interested staff and faculty in your department
- 3:45 – 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- Students will exit the PAC at approximately 4:10pm
What to do:
- Wear Western gear or blue
- Line up along the blue path marked on the map below and attached – spread out along the pathway
- Make sure someone stays in your office so that it can stay open
- Grab a WWU poster or pom-pom from staff at the corridor
- Give high-fives, smile, and cheer our newest community members
The New Student Welcoming Convocation Committee