Interested in adding accessible design and development to your curriculum? Grants and classes are available!
Teach Access recently announced a call for proposals (CFP) for cycle 5 of the Teach Access Faculty Grants program!
To accelerate the creation and delivery of accessibility-infused college curricula, Teach Access will provide direct awards to full-time, part-time, adjunct faculty, or instructional staff at U.S. based institutions (including U.S. Territories) of higher education (community colleges, two-year colleges/universities, and four-year universities). Awards of $1,000-$5,000 each will be given to faculty to develop modules, presentations, exercises or curriculum enhancements or changes that introduce the fundamental concepts and skills of accessible design and development into their existing courses.
As part of the application process, faculty will self-select into a Faculty Grant Tier. Upon review of your application, Teach Access reserves the right to offer a Faculty Grant award that may differ from the original selection. Below are general examples of what could be included in a faculty grant application for each of the award levels.
Tier 1: $1,000 Faculty Grant Award
Recipients of a Tier 1 grant should demonstrate a basic understanding of accessibility. Tier 1 proposed projects might incorporate, for example:
- Using curriculum from the repository and incorporating into course
- Inviting a speaker to discuss or engage learners in topics related to inclusive design and development of technology
- Developing one assignment, lecture, and/or activity that promotes accessibility-infused college curricula
Tier 2: $2,500 Faculty Grant Award
Recipients of a Tier 2 grant should demonstrate an understanding of accessibility. Teach Access grants such as Tier 2 proposed projects might incorporate, for example:
- Developing several assignments, lectures, and/or activities that promote accessibility-infused college curricula
- Entry point for subject matter/discipline not currently represented in Teach Access Curriculum Repository.
- Faculty intend to share accessibility-infused curricular resources with other instructors within their program, college, or university
Tier 3: $5,000 Faculty Grant Award
Recipients of a Tier 3 grant should demonstrate a great understanding of accessibility. Teach Access grants such as Tier 3 proposed projects might incorporate, for example:
- Developing multiple course goals, assignments, lectures, and/or activities that promote accessibility-infused college curricula
- Content that is intended to be used over multiple sections or multiple semesters
- Curricular content that is easy to reproduce over time across different institutions (replicable and scalable)
- Faculty have articulated a plan to share accessibility-infused curricular resources with other instructors beyond their home institution
- Applicant shows a great understanding of accessibility, including the integration of current WCAG or discipline-specific standards or expectations within the proposed content
For more information and to apply for a faculty grant, visit the Teach Access website. Proposal submissions are due Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 11:00 p.m. ET (8 p.m. Pacific Time).
Add accessibility to your curriculum with classes and grants from Teach Access.