The Disability Studies and Action Collaborative is holding listening sessions over the next three weeks. We are looking to hear from faculty and students about topics related to disability and access at Western. Everyone is welcome to these conversations.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Building a new interdisciplinary minor in Disability Studies
- Creating new courses across the majors that address issues of disability culture, access, and ableism
- Establishing a new cross-department institute in Disability Studies
- Discussing campus accessibility issues
- Addressing issues of ableism and unfair treatment of students and faculty with disabilities
- Building networks between Western and the surrounding community on issues of disability
- And many more
For more details on these listening sessions and the Disability Studies and Action Collaborative, visit our webpage at wp.wwu.edu/disabilitycollaborative/events.
Listening Sessions for Students
- Thu, Feb 27, noon in SL 150
- Mon, Mar 2, 3 p.m. in HH 153
Listening Sessions for Faculty
- Fri, Feb 21, 1 p.m. in HU 107
- Thu, Feb 27, 5 p.m. in CV 103
- Tue, Mar 3, 3 p.m. in CV 104
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.