Deadline for the WWU Global Learning Program–Community Building in Rwanda is midnight on Sunday, April 29
Apply at www.learnlivego.org
Western students of all levels and majors are invited to participate in an international service-learning experience in Gashora, Rwanda during summer quarter 2018. The course will explore the history and cultures of Rwanda through a 7-week program that includes intensive pre-trip preparation and six weeks on the ground. Students will actively collaborate with in-country experts on community-based field experiences that include partnerships with a refugee camp, regional health center, area schools and more.
Through this faculty-led study abroad course (INTL437I – 12 credits) students will:
- Learn about the cultures, politics and development in rural Rwanda
- Develop an understanding and practice of cultural humility
- Engage in community engagement projects to support local development initiatives
- Nurture and sustain longstanding international partnerships
- Apply learning for positive social change
Space has opened up in the program and applications will be prioritized as they are received.
More information can be found at: www.learnlivego.org