The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Western Washington University is holding a contest for CHSS students and staff to design a new banner for the college's website.
The deadline for submission of entries is Dec. 4.
- All banners must be designed by CHSS students or staff.
- Banners must be in photo format (preferably .png or .jpg).
- Dimensions: 1058px wide and 184px tall. 72dpi resolution.
- Banners should not include the college name or the university logo as these are already part of the template (see present banner here).
- Limit of 5 designs per person.
- Submit all entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your full name, your major and your WWU ID.
- Banner concept starting points:
- Reflect aspect(s) of CHSS
- Capture the beauty of the campus and/or off-campus learning environments
- Avoid including identifiable people
- You may also want to refer to WWU’s style guide before you begin your design.
- Grand prize: $200 WWU bookstore gift certificate
- Second place: $100 WWU bookstore gift certificate
- Third place: $50 WWU bookstore gift certificate
If your banner entry is selected for the grand prize, second place or third place, you agree to give CHSS the right to display the photo on the CHSS web site for an indefinite period of time with no additional remuneration. Photo credit will appear on CHSS site but should not be included on the image itself.
Entries will be judged by the CHSS Dean’s Office and the CHSS Advancement Council, made up of distinguished alumni and professionals.