Campus policy PRO-U1600.01A, Requesting a Dual Career Assistance (DCA) Appointment of Opportunity has been revised and is now in effect. It has been posted on Western’s Equal Opportunity Office website (https://eoo.wwu.edu/process/policies) and will subsequently be linked to in Policy 1600.01. This procedure is to be used in conjunction with POL-U1600.01, Requesting an Appointment of Opportunity when requesting a DCA. Certain steps of the procedure are still requiring the completion of some infrastructure; however, in an effort to reduce confusion and increase consistency, the procedure is now in effect.
Essentially, here is what you need to know:
- If you are a Western employee or prospective employee (defined as a Primary Employee in POL-U1600.01) and would like to make a request for a DCA consideration for your spouse/partner (as defined by POL-U1600.01), please complete the following Qualtrics survey: Dual Career Assistance Opportunities
- HR will then send you a list of current internal opportunities available at Western, for which your spouse/partner may request DCA consideration, and will email you with each new internal job posting. Jobs will be held for 5 business days before being advertised publicly.
- If you see an opportunity that is of interest to your spouse/partner, NOTIFY HR at HR.Employment@wwu.edu IMMEDIATELY.
- Please note that DCA requests for vacant positions are only available if the vacant position has not yet been advertised. It is imperative that you make this notification immediately; otherwise, the opportunity may be closed.
- HR will proceed to notify the Requesting Department Chair/Director of the Primary Employee’s request.
- The e-sign form mentioned in the procedure is still under construction, which is why we are doing this via email for now.
- The Primary Employee, in coordination with their spouse/partner (DCA Candidate), must provide their Department Chair/Director with the DCA Candidate’s CV/resume
- The Requesting Department Chair/Director should then proceed to step 4 of PRO-U 1600.01A, and commence from there.
Note, since the e-sign form is currently under construction, e-mail will suffice for now.
I understand there will almost certainly be bumps during the rollout and I apologize in advance for that. I am here to answer any questions/concerns and appreciate your patience as this new process is implemented.
Interim Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity