Carver update: Feb. 10
On Saturday, Feb.11, Mortenson Construction will move the storm water management “Baker tank” along the route outlined in red in the image at right. As part of the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), the “Baker tank” is used to settle silt and debris out of water coming off the construction site before the water enters the city’s storm system. The “Baker tank” is currently located on the north side of the CV construction site within the construction fence (see photo attached). The new location of the tank will be on the south side of the CV construction site.
The relocation is expected to take less than two hours; all appropriate precautions will be taken including spotters and signs.
In general Carver news, progress continues despite the wintry weather.
- Pedestrian/vehicular detours remain in place.
- Contractor continues to mitigate noise, dust and other construction impacts as much as possible.
- Welding activities are shielded where possible.
- Continue installation of exterior glass
- Complete roofing in the next few weeks depending on weather
- Exterior site work through the end of the project will create dust and some equipment noise. Future updates will include more details.
- Interior work is progressing rapidly and include:
- Wall framing and installation
- Mechanical and electrical systems installation
- Fire proofing
- Acoustical ceiling treatment
- Acoustical wall panel installation
- Ceramic tile
- Gym court flooring
- Ceiling grid systems
- Wood court flooring
If you have questions/concerns, please contact Dale Krause, construction coordinator at (360) 650-4646 or email@example.com.
Route of the "Baker Tank" on Saturday, Feb. 11.