Career & Internship Fair set for Feb. 16 in the MAC Gym
Are you a WWU student looking for job or internship opportunities? Meet with dozens of employers who want to connect with students of all majors and class levels interested in learning about environmental, sustainability or energy career options at the WWU Career & Internship Fair taking place on Thursday, Feb. 16, from 4-6:30 p.m. in the MAC Gym (Wade King Recreation Center).
The entire WWU Community, including students, alumni, and campus visitors, are welcome to attend this free event to learn about employers and get hired or build their network! This is an in-person career fair, so meeting with employers is on a first-come first serve basis, unlike virtual career fairs held last academic year.
Ready to participate? View a list of participating employers in Handshake on the Student Preview Page. Advanced registration (via Handshake) is encouraged, but not required, to receive updates on newly registered employers and to get career fair preparation tips! Unsure how to access your Handshake account—visit the Handshake Hub!
Some suggested activities to get ready!
- Review available jobs and internships from dozens of participating employers, including the NW Straits Marine Conservation Foundation, Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve and WA State Parks and Recreation. The 200 most recently added jobs can be viewed on the Career Fair Job Feed.
- Meet with a career counselor ahead of time to prepare! Self-schedule an appointment in Handshake or call the Career Services Center at 360-650-3240.
- Visit the WWU Career Closet to get free professional clothing that you can keep!
- Are you resume-ready? Add an upcoming Career Services Center workshop to your calendar and get some practice networking, preparing application materials or a LinkedIn profile.
- New to in-person career fairs? We have several options to help you prepare!
- Attend an in-person orientation on February 8th from 3:30-4PM in the Career Services Center OM 280, to review what to bring, what to wear and what to say! Register in Handshake.
- Attend a virtual “Meet the Employers Showcase” to learn about jobs and internships employers are hiring for and get their insight on what makes a great candidate and questions to ask! Register in Handshake.
- New to in-person career fairs? Attend a small-group tour during the career fair! Limited to 10 participants, these 20-minute tours will introduce you to the event, and you’ll have an opportunity to meet an employer and practice networking! Tours will be taking place at 11:30Am and 12:30PM and 1:30PM. Register in Handshake.
Have questions? Contact the Career Services Center at 360-650-3240, stop by Old Main 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.