Last year, Western Washington University employees demonstrated their incredible generosity by setting multiple records:
- Employees raised over $136,000, the largest in school history. This amount included over $76,000 that was distributed to various charities of the employees’ choice and $60,500 to Western’s Foundation to support student scholarships.
- Employee participation rate was the highest it has ever been (higher than the University of Washington, Washington State University and Central Washington University).
- Western raised more money for the Oso landslide relief effort than any other state agency in Washington.
Western employees are definitely proving they too are “Active Minds Changing Lives.” Let’s see if we can do better this year.
Join President Bruce Shepard's "Western Gives" Division Challenge. Help your division achieve 100-percent participation by setting up an automatic payroll deduction that will go to the charity of your choice and/or a Western Foundation scholarship fund.
Help your division win by participating in the following ways:
- Be a first-time “I GIVE” employee. The challenge is to help your division reach 100% participation rate so even signing up to donate $2 per month will help change lives.
- Increase your current donation (even by increasing your donation by $2 per month).
- Donate to the Western Foundation through the Combined Fund Drive. Thanks to gifts like yours, students are supported through scholarships and research opportunities; faculty benefit through enrichment and development opportunities; and the quality of academic programs and the overall student experience are enhanced; AND your gift counts towards Western’s total dollars raised through the CFD.
- Donate to your church by committing an automatic monthly donation through payroll. If you don’t know if your church listed as a CFD recipient, contact Nicole Goodman to inquire.
- Challenge a co-worker. Be a first time donor or increase your current donation and challenge a co-worker to do the same. Learn how to challenge your co-workers.
- Start or participate in a department challenge to see if you can reach 100-percent department participation.
- Start giving today to the charity(ies) of your choice, including the WWU Foundation,
Click here to donate via the CFD (donations to charities and the WWU Foundation made through the CFD are applied to Western’s total that is used for the state-wide agency and higher education institution challenge).
Click here if you would like to make a donation directly to the WWU Foundation.