LeaderCorps brings leadership education to fellow students
Western's LeaderCorps peer leadership education program began in 2012 with the mission to provide high-quality peer leadership education for the development of student leaders.
LeaderCorps students develop and present adult learning modules covering a wide variety of leadership topics. Since 2012, 41 students have been members of LeaderCorps, with 10 new members inducted in 2014-15.
Nearly 600 students participated in leadership training with LeaderCorps in 2014-15 in a total of 18 modules. Topics planned for 2015-16 include:
- Body Talk 101: Nonverbal Presentation Skills.
- Sorting All Those Voices in Your Head: Intro to Self-Authorship.
- Intro to the Five Practices of Exemplary Student Leadership.
- Teams: From De-Cliquing to Clicking.
- Let's Talk: Giving and Receiving Feedback.