2012 Alumni Award recipients visit campus
Western Washington University presented its alumni awards to 10 individuals and a legacy family at its 2012 Alumni Awards Ceremony last night. The award winners span a wide range of accomplished alumni, including leaders in business, education, public health, performing arts, the environment, and human services.
The distinguished alumni gathered for another breakfast this morning with university leadership and will spend the day on campus giving lectures and meeting with faculty and staff from their respective colleges.
“We are very proud of these exceptional alumni award winners. They are representative of a spirit of excellence so often found among our alumni – outstanding achievement and the determination to make a difference in their communities, professions and our world,” said Western President Bruce Shepard.
Biographies of award recipients and more information are available at the Window Magazine website. The recipients are:
Lifetime Achievement Award: Dennis Murphy
Larry “Go Vikings!” Taylor Alumni Service Award: David Mann
Young Alumnus of the Year: Scott Davison
- College of Sciences and Technology: Peter Hallson
- Huxley College: Kevin Raymond
- College of Business and Economics: Chase Franklin
- College of Fine and Performing Arts: Annette Devick
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Laurel Nesholm
- Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies: Frank James
- Woodring College of Education: Joseph Zavaglia
Western Legacy Family of the Year: The Larson Family
For more information on the 2012 WWU alumni award winners visit the Western Alumni Association Awards web page or contact Susan Bakse at (360) 650-3353.