Among the highlights this year for Western's student Sport Clubs:
- Hosted Rugby Regionals for both men’s and women’s.
- Hosted 6 other teams from the region as well as staff from USA Rugby.
- Raised approximately $2,000 for both the men’s and women’s clubs.
- Sold 200 tickets to community members, as well as approximately 65 student tickets.
- Implemented mandatory concussion training for all coaches and players.
- Six clubs qualified for nationals: Men’s Hockey, Men’s Crew, Wrestling, Women’s Lacrosse, Sailing, Cycling
- Western’s lone female wrestler Lisa Nguyen was the first WWU wrestler ever to place at nationals, placing third. She finished as an All-American – the first WWU wrestler to do so since 1974.
- 3 WWU Women’s Lacrosse members named to the Division 1 all academic list.
- Chanel Long from women’s water polo earned 1st team all-star honors.
- Men’s crew finished first in the D division at American Collegiate Rowing Nationals.
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:52pm
In the Media
The Bellingham Business Journal